Tuesday 28 July 2015

The Lover

Songs indeed change lives. I'm a testimony. One of the songs that have changed the "love aspect " of my life, talking about Intimacy with God is "Dance with me" by Jesus Culture, composed by Chris Dupre. The first time I heard this song, my heart became heavy. I knew it was a love song but I didn't understand how someone could express his love for God in that way, with those words . I listened to it over and over again and googled the lyrics. It then struck me, Intimacy!    Many people relate with God as a God,some as a Father and some relate with Him as a Lover. Though, situations sometime determine the way we talk to Him, but our perception of Him affects how we relate with Him generally. I just had to refer to the Songs of Solomon. I had to go through the whole book, I just had to say a prayer "I want to relate with you as a lover, Lord. I want a romantic relationship " I was in tears and my life was forever changed.   You can get to a level where you set a seat for yourself and another for Him and you say "My love, we need to talk" that is Intimacy. You know the funniest thing, He's more desperate for Intimacy with us than we are.  He has always wanted to be close to us, He knew this would not be possible with us as sinners, so a provision was made for us. Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—.   




Remember, we love Him because He first loved us.(1John4:19) Ahahahah! It all comes back to His love. Our ability to love is as a result of His love. What a wonderful Lover!      

(to be continued) 

Lyrics to "Dance with me"


VERSE 1:
Behold You have come
over the hills upon the mountain
To me, You will run.
My Beloved, You've captured my heart
(repeat)
CHORUS 1:
Won't You dance with me, Oh
Lover of my soul,
to the song of all songs?
VERSE 2:
With You, I will go
You are my Love You are my Fair One
The winter has passed
and the springtime has come
(repeat)


No comments: